Part 2 Lab Instructions-
- Download a keypair from email or create one from the aws console
- Open a github account
- Go to the GitHub sign up page.
- Enter a username, valid email address, and password.Use at least one lowercase letter, one numeral, and seven characters.
- Choose a plan. ...
- Tailor experience. ...
- You finished!
Part 3 Lab Instructions- add a stack, phpapp layer and elb with defaults and change ping path to /index.php
- Instructions in book learning aws opsworks pg 23-26 to add a stack
- Create a classic load balancer make sure ping path is index.php
- page 27-32 to add a layer and select your newly created ELB
Part 4 Lab Instructions
- Create a repository on github
- configure opsworks to work with it pg 41
- add a mysql layer pg 46
Part 5 Lab Instructions- Instructions in book learning aws opsworks
create 2 24/7 instances for our php app server layer. Create 1 load based instance and configure autoscale options. Create a mysql db instance. -pg 52-58
*workflow is a bit changed. To add 2 24/7 instaces. Change size to t2micro, subnet to us east 1c,ssh key: select a keypair that was created earlier leave other defaults in place.
To add a load based instance click edit configuration, set scaling configuration to on and leave the default values and click save. Then add a load based instance with the same values of the 24/7 instance
To add a mysqldb instance click add instance in the mysql section of the instances page.
Part 6 Lab Instructions- Add an app pg 61-65 Then Deploy the app pg 67-70
- Add an app pg 61-65 Add the url of the demo site to the app settings https://github.com/todd-vivisurf/opsworks-book-demo.git
Deploy the app pg 67-70
2. To Fix DB Connection error (Optional)- pg 70-73
2. Edit php DBConnect File online
3. update opsworks apps layer to reflect the newly forked repository url.
4.rerun the deployment
Part 7 Lab Instructions
Part 8 Lab Instructions- Instructions in book learning aws opsworks pg 83-89
IAM roles and access setup user and connect with the new user
Part 9 Lab Instructions- Run command reports page 93-96
Part 10 Lab Instructions - Instructions in book learning aws opsworks
clone staging to production